Platform Resourcing are currently working in partnership with a business who run a large scale Warehouse operation based in the Chepstow area of South East Wales. This client storage a range of high value goofs and now require a well experienced Warehouse Operative who holds a Counterbalance FLT license to join their team.
The role will involve the overseeing & deliver of these high items. The successful client will be joining a well established team and will be responsible for the efficient loading and unloading of heavy goods vehicles using a Counterbalance Forklift to and from the stock department. This health and safety conscious business is looking for candidate who is able to demonstrate they can build fantastic working relationship with team members who all work to common goal for sucess.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure warehouse activities are completed safely, efficiently and to the requirements of the company including:
- Unloading / Loading goods from warehouse to HGV trailer operating appropriate Material Handling Equipment.
- Accurate identification and recording of material arriving / departing the warehouse.
- Managing where goods are stored within the warehouse for best space optimisation.
- Making sure goods are safely, efficiently and securely stored within our warehouse.
- Periodically carrying out stock takes and ensuring that the inventory is kept accurate at all times.
- Completing maintenance checks and daily pre use checks on Material Handling Equipment.
- Ensure all movements of goods and other material are completed safely and efficiently in ways that minimise the risk of damage to goods handled.
- Ensure quality standards, and environmental objectives are met.
- Plan, deliver and record all work undertaken using Group systems as directed.
- Communicate effectively and promptly with colleagues, customers, suppliers and transport companies.
- Ensure compliance health & safety requirements and all relevant current Health & Safety legislation.
- Ensure compliance with policies, procedures and employee guidance.
- Identify opportunities to increase and improve services to new and existing customers.
- Perform any other duties as reasonably requested by management.
- Take responsibility for own personal development and update knowledge and skills as necessary to perform the role at an effective level.
- Undertake such training as is necessary to maintain skills and qualifications.
- Take responsibility for own safety and wellbeing.
- Provide the highest quality services to customers.
- Ensure that maximum use is made of IT systems and associated equipment.
- Previous experience in a warehouse role is essential.
- Demonstrable track record of operating counterbalance forklift trucks is essential.
- Experience with loading HGV trailers is essential.
- Previous logistics experience is desirable.
- Experience with Microsoft Office is desirable.
- Licence holder for material handling equipment (B2 Counterbalance Forklift).
- Full valid and clean Driving Licence.
Skills & Competencies
- Planning and organising work to maximise available resources and minimise unproductive time.
- Confidence in working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Anticipating problems and taking action to avoid them.
- Applying judgement, taking initiative and showing decisiveness in problem solving.
- Demonstrating a flexible approach to work.
- £20,000 p/a (Days Only)
- Overtime shall be required on occasion depending on their clients requirements
20 days + 8 days bank holidays
Company Pension Contribution Scheme
- Monday to Friday
- 8.00am - 5.00pm
Privacy and General Data Protection
By applying for this position, you are giving consent for Platform Resourcing Limited to contact you regarding this vacancy and to discuss potential opportunities that would be seen to be in both parties’ interest for the explicit reason of assisting you to find work. Your details will not be passed on to any prospective employer/s without your prior consent. Platform Resourcing will not share any of your details with any third parties unless deemed suitable by you as the applicant/data subject.
The above is a general overview and should not be used as a comprehensive list of Platform Resourcing Limited’s commitments. You can find more information on how we handle your data please see our Data Protection and General Data Protection Policy within our policies page on our company website. If you have any questions, please call before applying. Platform Resourcing are advertising this vacancy and are acting as an employment agencies