Platform Resourcing are currently working in partnership with a global manufacturing business based in Cardiff. This organisation has seen an increase in demand for it's products and therefore, they are recruiting for a Technical Manager who will be leading a team of Technical Advisors, developing all technical design aspects between the sales support team and customers.
The Technical Manager will be responsible for the management of technical sales support activities to ensure focus on providing customer-oriented support whilst gaining commercial advantage in conjunction with the existing group Technical & Sales teams.
This role would ideally suit a candidate who has previously worked within the light or medium engineering sector, with a background in manufacturing preferably Mechanical. Those applying will be educated to a minimum of a HND/HNC Level 5 in Management/Engineering discipline.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary of £40,000 p/a
- 23 days annual leave + 8 Bank Holidays (Christmas shutdown)
- Yearly bonus, 10% of annual salary
- Career progression and training, able to make the role your own
- Contributory Pension Scheme Employee
- Loyalty Incentives
- Free parking
- Brand New Offices
Duties and Responsibilities
- To manage required testing, certification and development of products with regard to current and imminent Building Regulations and market requirements.
- To identify applications for new and modified products to satisfy potential future changes in demand brought about by changes in legislation and market conditions.
- Above will drive efficiency improvements within the business to ensure we maximise effectiveness and hence business profitability.
- In conjunction with the Managing Director agree and implement the application of technical issues to the sales effort.
- In conjunction with the Technical Department and the Sales Managers establishing the medium-term direction of the aspects of commercial advantage.
- To communicate technical issues to the sales force.
- To be responsible for ensuring that issues of technical excellence are translated to usable commercial advantage.
- In conjunction with the Managing Director and Board of Directors, direct research and development on appropriate technical issues.
- Managing appropriate responses to customer complaints on technical issues.
- Provides direct reports with clear job expectations and clear accountabilities aligned to the objectives of the department.
- Defines standards for appropriate behaviour and addresses inappropriate behaviour within the department.
- Delegates work appropriately within the department, taking into account the workload and ability of direct reports.
- Encourages and motivates others to achieve goals through recognising their contribution.
- Regularly reviewing the work of team members and provides feedback to help improve performance.
- Actively identifies appropriate development opportunities and acts as coach or mentor when appropriate.
Experience required for the role:
- Experience in a similar customer facing role within an Engineering/Manufacturing environment
- Mechanical Engineering qualification
- Experience of managing a team
- Experience in dealing with technical information and interpreting this into a workable plan
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Background and understanding of the building envelope would be advantageous
If this sounds like the ideal role for you, please send your CV immediately or for further information, please contact the branch.
Privacy and General Data Protection Policy
By applying for this position, you are giving consent for Platform Resourcing Limited to contact you regarding this vacancy and to discuss potential opportunities that would be seen to be in both parties’ interest for the explicit reason of assisting you to find work. Your details will not be passed on to any prospective employer/s without your prior consent. Platform Resourcing will not share any of your details with any third parties unless deemed suitable by you as the applicant/data subject.
The above is a general overview and should not be used as a comprehensive list of Platform Resourcing Limited’s commitments. You can find more information on how we handle your data please see our Data Protection and General Data Protection Policy within our policies page on our company website. If you have any questions, please call before applying.
Platform Resourcing are advertising this vacancy and are acting as an employment agency.