Platform Resourcing are pleased and excited to be working in partnership with a stock and trade business based in the South East Wales area. This successful business have seen a continued demand for their products throughout the Covid-19 pandemic and are now looking to add to the warehouse/sales team by appointing a Stock, Sales and Trade counter administrator.
The successful candidate will be part of a small team working within both a warehouse, trade counter and sales administration type environment. The appointed individual a link between the warehouse, stock, supply and sales operation.
Salary: £18,100 p/a + Holidays, Benefits and Pension
Location: Cwmbran, Torfaen
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday 8am - 5pm
& Saturday Rota 1 in 3
Applicants for this position should be self-motivated with an ability to problem solve and work on their own initiative and hold a current UK driving license. The individual will be able to communicate written information clearly ensuring the customer requirements are dealt with correctly either by trade counter or telephone. As a member of a small team the position is an important role as it is the first point of contact trade counter customers will have of the company.
Experience of an engineering parts distribution warehouse would be an advantage but not essential as training will be given to the correct candidate. There will also be the opportunity for promotion to a level reflecting the candidate’s commitment, enthusiasm and abilities.
Bearing and power transmission knowledge or Hydraulic Pneumatic knowledge would be an advantage.
The candidate will work within the companies health and safety policies to undertake safe working practices while at the company premises and those of its customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Duties to ensure the continuous efficient running of the Warehouse.
- Ensure all deliveries from suppliers checked off to confirm quantities are correct against order with all delivery notes & paperwork passed to office.
- All orders for customers to be checked with goods being placed in correct area collection, delivery or part order shelf.
- Prepare all customer deliveries for collection by couriers being packed, labeled ready to be shipped and to contact courier to notify goods ready for collection
- All deliveries from suppliers to be put into stores locations daily unless item is being delivered to customer or collected.
- Serve on trade counter when required to deal with general public and trade customers and prepare hoses to pattern.
- Responsibility for the trade counter area to facilitate stock rotation and its layout each month to assist with associated product sales and impulse purchases.
- To record all cash sales daily with the list of products sold with details forwarded to office to amend stock quantities and reorder where required.
- Stock take one product section of warehouse each month and information passed to Manager for stock control
- Answer incoming calls from suppliers or customers and to cover sales office duties when required
- Deliverers to customers when required
- Upkeep and check sheets for company vans
- Responsible for the keeping the warehouse and trade counter clean and tidy with all access areas clear and to include putting refuse bin out each week.
Privacy and General Data Protection Policy
By applying for this position, you are giving consent for Platform Resourcing Limited to contact you regarding this vacancy and to discuss potential opportunities that would be seen to be in both parties’ interest for the explicit reason of assisting you to find work. Your details will not be passed on to any prospective employer/s without your prior consent. Platform Resourcing will not share any of your details with any third parties unless deemed suitable by you as the applicant/data subject.
The above is a general overview and should not be used as a comprehensive list of Platform Resourcing Limited’s commitments. You can find more information on how we handle your data please see our Data Protection and General Data Protection Policy within our policies page on our company website. If you have any questions, call before applying.
Platform Resourcing are advertising this vacancy and are acting as an employment agency.