Platform Resourcing are currently working in partnership to find a Quality Engineer within a well-established engineering company based in Newport.
The successful Quality Engineer will have experience within a Quality Engineering/ Technician role in a related industry such as manufacturing/ engineering. The role will involve confirming conformity of component parts with Engineering Drawings and any other quality related or customer related documentation. The role will also involve in the application of raising and maintaining the NCR process and vendor activities You will liaise with the various departments within the company to ensure that all customer purchase order requirements are adhered to and to ensure all processes are followed in accordance with the Quality Management system. Additionally, the role will also involve continual improvement techniques and implementation of new products/ processes.
- Salary of £25,000
- Permanent role with progression opportunities
- 5% Contributory Pension
- 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory days
- Hours Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5pm and early finish Friday at 1pm
- Free Parking
- Ensure that applicable products and their supply chain abide by the statutory requirements of the various directives as well as H&S regulations
- Working within a workshop environment performing quality inspection activities at Goods Inwards inspection, in-process inspection, and final inspection.
- Demonstrating a hands-on approach to the technical aspects of quality assurance.
- Maintaining Quality related databases and other IT systems for valve and component part traceability.
- Use of inspection and metrology equipment to ensure conformity with Engineering Drawings.
- Ensuring that all in-coming certification and reports are compliant with customer purchase order requirements.
- Support in providing customer project documentation requirements.
- Provide support in liaising with customers to submit project related documentation such as Engineering Drawings and any other project documents such as Inspection & Test Plans.
- Review of test records and to ensure they are compliant to the specifications noted on Engineering Drawings, Quality Plan, and any other customer related purchase order requirements.
- The raising and reviewing of customer certification packs.
- Maintaining the calibration system with our third-party sub-contractor.
- Liaise with the various internal departments to ensure all Quality related objectives are met. In addition, ensuring company policies & documented information are implemented.
- Liaising with suppliers, group companies & service providers in line with purchase order and quality requirements, such as requesting quality related documentation, reports and certification.
- Conformance of all products to all regulatory standards.
- Aiding the Quality Manager in obtaining company agreed key performance indicators (KPI) and customer satisfaction surveys.
Essential Experiences/ Skills
- Hands on experience in Quality Inspection within an Engineering/ manufacturing environment
- Able to read Technical Engineering Drawings
- IT Skills (use in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Access)
- Ability to use inspection equipment (i.e. micrometers, verniers, plug gauges, etc.) Data analysis and interpretation
- Strong communication skills, experience of liaison with suppliers and internal departments
- Presentation skills
- Qualified or working towards HNC/HND Level or equivalent (BSc Degree level desirable but not essential)
- Experience with Infor Visual ERP preferable
Privacy and General Data Protection Policy
By applying for this position, you are giving consent for Platform Resourcing Limited to contact you regarding this vacancy and to discuss potential opportunities that would be seen to be in both parties’ interest for the explicit reason of assisting you to find work. Your details will not be passed on to any prospective employer/s without your prior consent. Platform Resourcing will not share any of your details with any third parties unless deemed suitable by you as the applicant/data subject.
The above is a general overview and should not be used as a comprehensive list of Platform Resourcing Limited’s commitments. You can find more information on how we handle your data please see our Data Protection and General Data Protection Policy within our policies page on our company website. If you have any questions, please call before applying.
Platform Resourcing are advertising this vacancy and are acting as an employment agency