Platform Resourcing are currently working with a well established and highly renowned legal practice based in the heart of Cardiff. This client now have an opportunity for a Quality Assurance Manager to join the firm. The Quality and Risk team manage the quality, risk and compliance functions within the firm.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Head of Compliance and Quality. They will be offered a highly competitive salary and the chance to working within the award winning firm.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated 5+ year’s knowledge/experience in a quality management role in a professional services environment, as well as 2+ years’ experience of managing direct reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting with the day to day operation of the Quality and Risk department
- Day to day management of the Assistant Quality Manager and Internal Audit team.
- Maintaining the firm’s Quality Management System to internal and external requirements and standards (including ISO9001, Lexcel, SRA Standards and Regulations and GDPR)
- Implementing and maintaining quality documents to support the Quality Management System, including policies, procedures and forms
- Drafting appropriate communications and liaising with the firm’s training department to ensure adequate awareness and training of policies and procedures
- Working closely with the Head of Compliance and Quality and assisting with firm projects to drive continual improvement and to reduce waste and increase the efficiency of the firm’s processes
- Working closely with key personnel and the audit team to ensure that the firm’s policies and procedures continue to be effective
- Dealing with Quality and Risk queries
- Assisting with the analysis and review of Quality and Compliance data and making suggestions to drive change and improvement
- Contributing to departmental management information reports
- Agreeing the firm’s annual internal audit plan with the firm’s internal auditor
- Managing the firm’s annual external quality audit and contributing to any other external audits and reviews as required
- Assisting with the investigation of complaints, claims and compliance breaches to identify potential preventative action and opportunities to improve processes
- Providing Quality and Risk information to assist with the preparation of tenders and client due diligence questionnaires
- Assisting with the Due Diligence reviews of suppliers
Essential Skill Set
- Strong organisation skills
- IT skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to deliver high quality work, during busy times.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with key personnel around the firm.
- The ideal candidate will have working experience of ISO 9001 and Lexcel.
- Working experience of lean principles applied in an office environment is also desirable.
- An understanding of the legal environment and the SRA Standards and Regulations will be a distinct advantage, along with working knowledge of GDPR and ISO27001.
- £35,000 p/a
- 20 Days Holiday + 8 Days Bank Holiday
- Pensions Contribution
Hours of work
- Monday - Friday
- 40 Hours per week, office hours
- Full Time
Privacy and General Data Protection Policy
By applying for this position, you are giving consent for Platform Resourcing Limited to contact you regarding this vacancy and to discuss potential opportunities that would be seen to be in both parties’ interest for the explicit reason of assisting you to find work. Your details will not be passed on to any prospective employer/s without your prior consent. Platform Resourcing will not share any of your details with any third parties unless deemed suitable by you as the applicant/data subject.
The above is a general overview and should not be used as a comprehensive list of Platform Resourcing Limited’s commitments. You can find more information on how we handle your data please see our Data Protection and General Data Protection Policy within our policies page on our company website. If you have any questions, call before applying.
Platform Resourcing are advertising this vacancy and are acting as an employment agency