We are currently working in partnership with a Manufacturing Business based in Cardiff who are looking to employ a permanent Production Supervisor to support and maintain operations across all sites.
The successful Production Supervisor will be accountable and responsible for all production including Safety and Quality control whilst maintaining high standards required by the customer. They will also be responsible for improving efficiencies, assisting in developing a Continuous Improvement culture, and owning and reporting on key department KPIs.
Production Supervisor Benefits
- £35,000 yearly salary + Yearly bonus up to 10% of annual salary (£3,500 for this position paid every April)
- Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm working hours
- Permanent, stable role within a growing organisation during an exciting period of expansion
- 23 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays + Contributory pension
- Free Parking
- Christmas Shutdown
- Progression opportunities available
Production Supervisor Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor output to ensure targets are being met and delivery and customer service requirements are being satisfied
- Provide manufacturing information by compiling and analysing production performance records and data; also answering questions and responding to requests
- Inspect products to verify conformance to specifications
- Enforce standards of workplace organisation and housekeeping to maintain a safe and clean working environment
- Interpret company policies to workers and enforce safety regulations
- Establish and/or adjust Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) to meet production, quality and H&S targets
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of equipment and/or workforce
- Analyse and resolve work problems or assist workers in solving work problems
- Initiate or suggest plans to motivate workforce to achieve work goals
- Ownership and reporting of all data reports and KPIs with target of on-going improvement
- Manage employees in relation HR related activities i.e. holidays / absence / lateness
- Conduct investigations and disciplinaries as and when required
- Minimise labour costs when possible whilst achieving manufacturing needs
Production Supervisor Essential Experience/Qualifications
- Experience within a Manufacturing Production Manager position
- Excellent man-management skills
- Continuous improvement experience
- Knowledge of Lean and 5s methodology
- Competent numeracy and literacy skills
- Leadership skills
- Good IT skills, including experience of using Microsoft programmes and SAP
- Manufacturing knowledge and experience
- A willingness to be flexible regarding working hours.
Privacy and General Data Protection Policy
By applying for this position, you are giving consent for Platform Resourcing Limited to contact you regarding this vacancy and to discuss potential opportunities that would be seen to be in both parties’ interest for the explicit reason of assisting you to find work. Your details will not be passed on to any prospective employer/s without your prior consent. Platform Resourcing will not share any of your details with any third parties unless deemed suitable by you as the applicant/data subject.
The above is a general overview and should not be used as a comprehensive list of Platform Resourcing Limited’s commitments. You can find more information on how we handle your data please see our Data Protection and General Data Protection Policy within our policies page on our company website. If you have any questions, please call before applying.
Platform Resourcing are advertising this vacancy and are acting as an employment agency