Platform Resourcing are currently working in partnership with a legal practice based in central Newport. This client are a well established law firm who cover a wide range of disciplines. They are looking for a Practise Manager to support the partners in the successful financial and commercial management of the firm.
The suitable candidate will have commercial legal management experience and will have worked in a similar or like for like environment. Those applying for this role will be responsible for the successful implementation and monitoring of the firms Annual Business Plan and all commercial day to day management duties.
They will also require experience of People Management, Financial Management, Time Management and Routine Employment and HR Law.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruitment and selection for all non-fee earning staff.
- Execute all HR, Operational and Facilities matters relating to the Practice.
- Minute Taker/Facilitator to the monthly Partner Meetings (i.e. prepare agenda and process minutes following monthly meetings and provide requisite management information)
- Arrange annual PII insurance.
- Manage various allocated budgets.
- Support the Accounts Manager with Banking requirements
- Complete annual practising certificate renewal exercise.
- Complete annual re-accreditation for CQS
- Ensure Lender Exchange Portal is kept up to date.
- Undertake my own Line Manager Appraisals
- Assist COLP and COFA when required.
- Ensure Office Manual is kept up to date and compliant.
- Arrange External Funding as and Bank Borrowing Facilitates when required
- Ensure Partner Tax is paid to HMRC during January & July and Co-ordinate Quarterly archiving exercise
- Co-ordinate Client Satisfaction Questionnaire data
- Manage Sickness Absence and undertake RTW interviews and accurate Staff training records and book courses as and when required.
- Provide HR support to all staff as and when required and manage compliance matters with regard to Auto Pension Enrolment
- Complete and Submit Panel Applications for Head of Conveyancing as and when required.
- Manage all premises related matters and arrange all Annual Office Insurances
- Submit written business cases in relation to any new premises/IT matters.
Skills, Attributes and Personal Qualities
- Self-motivated and able to organize own work with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrates a commitment to improving working practices and supports company plans and polices.
- Operates effectively as part of a team and is also willing to offer help to all colleagues to ensure company success.
- Knows when to seek guidance or further input from others before taking action.
- Willing to ask questions listen to others views and accept advice whilst also contributing ideas and seeking improvements.
- Good client/provider handing skills both by telephone and face to face and highly developed communication skills, both written and oral
- Knowledge of HR, Facilities and Project management and Practice management within a law Firm
Privacy and General Data Protection Policy
By applying for this position, you are giving consent for Platform Resourcing Limited to contact you regarding this vacancy and to discuss potential opportunities that would be seen to be in both parties’ interest for the explicit reason of assisting you to find work. Your details will not be passed on to any prospective employer/s without your prior consent. Platform Resourcing will not share any of your details with any third parties unless deemed suitable by you as the applicant/data subject.
The above is a general overview and should not be used as a comprehensive list of Platform Resourcing Limited’s commitments. You can find more information on how we handle your data please see our Data Protection and General Data Protection Policy within our policies page on our company website. If you have any questions, please call before applying.
Platform Resourcing are advertising this vacancy and are acting as an employment agency