Platform Resourcing are currently working with a leading manufacturing company who are looking to expand their team by taking on an Internal Sales Administrator. The successful candidate will be capable of managing customer enquiries and quotation requests, whilst providing product specific guidance to form pricing estimates and promote appropriate products relating to customer requirements.
You must have strong communication skills with excellent customer service abilities, being able to liaise comfortably with customers whilst understanding the sales process and budget requirements of a business. Experience using SAP is beneficial, and experience of working within the Construction industry within a similar role is highly desirable.
- Cardiff location
- Salary of £21,000 - £22,000 depending on experience
- Free parking
Duties and Responsibilities
- To effectively manage customer enquiries and quotation requests
- To provide superior customer service for enquiries and follow up and track quotes through to completion
- Manage the satisfaction of customer enquiries
- Provide accurate quotations and initial product offers
- Respond to customer queries and provide appropriate advice on the correct specification
- Provide product guidance to customers and/or any stakeholders to promote the appropriate use and application of products
- Ensure the requisite information is available as part of the enquiry validation process to enable the enquiry to be processed through to quotation
- Ensure correct use and application of the pricing guidelines for all products adhering to pricing rules applied to maintain product contribution levels and percentage margins where required
- Ensure that the completed quotation has all required information to allow Order Management to effectively convert the quotation to a sales order
- Follow up quotations to conclusion to pre-booking/order processing stage
- Aiming to convert all quotations into sales through maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Provide effective support to the external sales team
- Adhere at all times to the pre-booking and order management hand over guidelines and process
- Pass appropriate technical enquiries to technical services team
- Carry out general administrative duties to include filing as required
- Process information and pass to the order management team for processing orders
- Maintain quotation response times – 24/48 hours depending on the product
- Experience within a manufacturing, engineering, or construction environment
- Experience in raising quotations and providing customer advice is required
- Experience within an internal/technical sales role is beneficial
- Understand profit V cost
- Understand the sales process and budget requirements of a business
- Knowledge of SAP is very desirable
- Excellent customer service skills and strong communication
Privacy and General Data Protection Policy
By applying for this position, you are giving consent for Platform Resourcing Limited to contact you regarding this vacancy and to discuss potential opportunities that would be seen to be in both parties’ interest for the explicit reason of assisting you to find work. Your details will not be passed on to any prospective employer/s without your prior consent. Platform Resourcing will not share any of your details with any third parties unless deemed suitable by you as the applicant/data subject.
The above is a general overview and should not be used as a comprehensive list of Platform Resourcing Limited’s commitments. You can find more information on how we handle your data please see our Data Protection and General Data Protection Policy within our policies page on our company website. If you have any questions, please call before applying.
Platform Resourcing are advertising this vacancy and are acting as an employment agency.