Platform Resourcing Limited are a recruitment agency based in South Wales.
We are currently looking for a positive, self-disciplined, hardworking HGV Techincian's to join a well established and successful business based in Cardiff. With over 80+ employees across 4 locations in South Wales this business has been trading for well over 40 years. They deal with a wide range of trucks, vans and buses.
They are now looking to grow there team due to a demand in there services. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years’ experience qualified HGV fitter.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carrying out fault diagnosis.
- Planned and reactive maintenance to vehicles including MOT’s and full servicing.
- Inspection and repair.
- Ensuring faults are accurately diagnosed and reported.
- Documenting any repairs made, faults found and diagnosed.
- Ensuring that quality as well as Health & Safety procedures relating to the function laid down by our client and manufacturer are adhered to at all times.
- Heavy Goods Vehicle NVQ/City and Guilds Level 3 qualified or complete full apprenticeship.
- Experience within a similar role
- Experience of conducting MOT’s and Services
- Able to log all paperwork accurately and efficiently
- You must be able to produce a high quality of work in a busy haulage environment
- Applicants with an active MOT Smart Card would be highly advantageous but it is non-essential
- You will ideally hold a full HGV License as well as normal driving license
Hours of Work (40 hours per week)
- 6am - 2pm & 2pm - 10pm Mon – Fri
- Rotating 2 shift pattern with the late shift covering Sat mornings if required.
Rates of Pay/Salary
- £27,040 - £31,200 p/a
- Outside normal hours and Saturdays 150% allowance (Time and a Half)
- Sundays 200% allowance (Double time)
Annual Leave and Benefits
- Company pension scheme
- 30 days annual holidays
- Company uniform and all PPE
Privacy and General Data Protection Policy
By applying for this position, you are giving consent for Platform Resourcing Limited to contact you regarding this vacancy and to discuss potential opportunities that would be seen to be in both parties’ interest for the explicit reason of assisting you to find work. Your details will not be passed on to any prospective employer/s without your prior consent. Platform Resourcing will not share any of your details with any third parties unless deemed suitable by you as the applicant/data subject.
The above is a general overview and should not be used as a comprehensive list of Platform Resourcing Limited’s commitments. You can find more information on how we handle your data please see our Data Protection and General Data Protection Policy within our policies page on our company website. If you have any questions, you can reach us on our Newport branch number.
Platform Resourcing are advertising this vacancy and are acting as an employment agency