Platform Resourcing Limited are a recruitment agency based in South Wales. We take the time to understand our client and candidates needs so that we are able to help those looking to hire and those looking for work to get the best fit for them.
We are currently working in partnership with a successful company based in the Swansea area. This business is currently looking to strengthen it's team by employing a HGV Mechanic/Technician.
- Previous experience working on HGV's and trucks is essential.
- Shifts are 6:00 - 14:00 and 14:00 - 22:00 + every other Saturday 08:00 - 13:00 (paid at overtime rate)
- Total of 37.5 hours per week
- Hourly pay of £13.50 p/h
- Contributory pension
- Low turnover company, stable position
Duties will include:
- Carrying out fault diagnosis.
- Planned and reactive maintenance to vehicles including MOT’s and full servicing.
- Inspection and repair.
- Ensuring faults are accurately diagnosed and reported.
- Documenting any repairs made, faults found and diagnosed.
- Ensuring that quality as well as Health & Safety procedures relating to the function laid down by our client and manufacturer are adhered to at all times.
- Heavy Goods Vehicle NVQ/City and Guilds Level 3 qualified or complete full apprenticeship.
- Experience within a similar role
- Experience of conducting MOT’s and Services
- Able to log all paperwork accurately and efficiently
- You must be able to produce a high quality of work in a busy haulage environment
- Applicants with an active MOT Smart Card would be highly advantageous but it is non-essential
- You will ideally hold a full HGV License as well as normal driving license
By applying for this position, you are giving consent for Platform Resourcing Limited to contact you regarding this vacancy and to discuss potential opportunities that would be seen to be in both parties’ interest for the explicit reason of assisting you to find work. Your details will not be passed on to any prospective employer/s without your prior consent. Platform Resourcing will not share any of your details with any third parties unless deemed suitable by you as the applicant/data subject. The above is a general overview and should not be used as a comprehensive list of Platform Resourcing Limited’s commitments.
You can find more information on how we handle your data please see our Data Protection and General Data Protection Policy within our policies page on our company website. If you have any questions, please contact us before applying on (phone number removed).
Platform Resourcing Limited are acting as an employment agency and are advertising this role