Platform Resourcing Limited are a recruitment agency based in South Wales. We take the time to understand our client and candidates needs so that we are able to help those looking to hire and those looking for work to get the best fit for them.
We are currently working in partnership with a Manufacturing Business based in Cardiff who are looking to employ a permanent Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor to support the Operational team to raise and maintain a high level of health and safety in line with the Health, Safety and Environmental objectives. This key role will be responsible for the general safety onsite and will ensure that the staff team, employees, contractors and visitors are kept safe, whilst actively contributing to continuously improving relevant policies and procedures.
The successful Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor will have the ability and confidence to provide advice on health and safety matters and provide guidance and support where required.
SHE Advisor Benefits
Salary up to £27,000 depending on experience
Permanent, stable role within a growing organisation during an exciting period of expansion
9am – 5pm Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week)
23 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
Progression opportunities available
SHE Advisor Duties and Responsibilities
- Controlling the health and safety policy throughout the business
- Carry out risk assessments, COSHH assessments and manual handling assessments, considering how risks could be reduced.
- Outline standard operational procedures which identify and take into account all relevant hazards.
- Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
- Ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation.
- Carry out health and safety inductions.
- Carry out proactive safety monitoring such as fire drills & first aider scenario tests.
- Identify training requirements and carry out in-house training with employees about health and safety issues and risks.
- Investigate & record incidents and accidents and produce statistics for managers.
- Implementing corrective action to avoid further risks.
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all health and safety executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the industry.
- Produce health & safety communications, lesson learnt, safety alerts.
- Organise the safe disposal of hazardous substances, e.g. Asbestos
- Advise on a range of specialist areas, e.g. Fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
- To communicate all standard working practises and ensure compliance.
- Involvement in environmental initiative to effectively improve the company impact on the environment.
- Actively identify improvements to policies and procedures, making suitable changes.
- Set up safe working practises and handbooks as required.
- To champion safe working practise and to enforce health and safety policy throughout the business.
- Any other health, safety and environmental duties as required.
SHE Advisor Essential Experience/Qualifications
- NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent, OR currently working towards this
- TechIOSH with evidence of CPD
- Experience in a Health and Safety role (1 year minimum)
- Strong knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Knowledge of ISO standards: 9001, 14001 and 45001
- IT Literate - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent communication and engagement skills with Senior Managers, Clients and Site Personnel
- Knowledge of SharePoint online beneficial
- Environmental Certificate beneficial
Privacy and General Data Protection Policy
By applying for this position, you are giving consent for Platform Resourcing Limited to contact you regarding this vacancy and to discuss potential opportunities that would be seen to be in both parties’ interest for the explicit reason of assisting you to find work. Your details will not be passed on to any prospective employer/s without your prior consent. Platform Resourcing will not share any of your details with any third parties unless deemed suitable by you as the applicant/data subject.
The above is a general overview and should not be used as a comprehensive list of Platform Resourcing Limited’s commitments. You can find more information on how we handle your data please see our Data Protection and General Data Protection Policy within our policies page on our company website. If you have any questions, please call before applying.
Platform Resourcing are advertising this vacancy and are acting as an employment agency.