We are currently working alongside a client based in Newport who are looking to take on a Forklift Mechanic to maintain the company fleet of Forklift Trucks and Sideloaders.
The successful candidate will have experience working within a similar role as a mechanic, engineer or technician and MUST have previously worked on Forklift Trucks and Sideloaders. Relevant qualifications are not necessary but would be beneficial.
- £29,000 annual salary, with £34,000 expected pay with weekend overtime incorporated
- Hours 6am-4pm Monday to Thursday, 6am-1pm on a Friday
- Overtime available on Saturdays and Sundays, paid at an enhanced rate
- Free parking
- Regular paid breaks throughout the day
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance of forklifts and sideloaders
- Interpret manufacturer's technical manuals to perform the necessary maintenance and repairs needed
- Troubleshoot any problems to include mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems
- Detect imperfections, potential problems, safety issues and malfunctions
- Diagnose faults accurately
- Replace broken or defective parts and/or order replacement parts
- Make all adjustments to ensure they are effective and safe for operation
- Perform safety inspection of forklifts and sideloaders
- No reactive maintenance or repair involved, all maintenance is scheduled
- Ensure work is carried out to health and safety standards
- Compile accurate service documents and log work carried out
- 2 or more years of experience in a related field, including maintenance of FLT’s and sideloaders
- Excellent mechanical abilities, also being capable at identifying and repairing electrical and hydraulic faults
- Valid driver's license and ability to pass a drug screen
- Able to work safely and reliably
If you think this role is right for you, please apply immediately by sending your CV online, or call our office on 01633 415305 if you have any questions.
By applying for this position, you are giving consent for Platform Resourcing Limited to contact you regarding this vacancy and to discuss potential opportunities that would be seen to be in both parties’ interest for the explicit reason of assisting you to find work. Your details will not be passed on to any prospective employer/s without your prior consent. Platform Resourcing will not share any of your details with any third parties unless deemed suitable by you as the applicant/data subject.
The above is a general overview and should not be used as a comprehensive list of Platform Resourcing Limited’s commitments. You can find more information on how we handle your date please see our Data Protection and General Data Protection Policy within our policies page on our company website.
Platform Resourcing Limited are acting as an employment agency and are advertising this role, and unfortunately are not always able to respond to all applications