Platform Resourcing are currently working with a transport company who are looking to expand their team by taking on an experienced Export Coordinator to join their Freight Forwarding team. The successful candidate will have experience in organising the shipment of goods worldwide and dealing with any associated customs documentation. You must have strong administrations skills with an excellent eye for detail, being able to liaise comfortably with customers whilst understanding the freight forwarding process and documents required for this.
Location: London Gateway & Portsmouth
Salary: £25,500 - £30,000 depending on experience
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicating with clients on a day to day basis
- Taking bookings and obtaining all required information to be able to arrange the transport and customs clearance
- Arranging shipments through various freight forwarders and hauliers whilst adhering to customer budgets and timescales
- Generating any shipping/customs documentation required
- Liaising with suppliers, negotiating prices and requesting status updates
- Working closely with customs agents in the UK and overseas to ensure the relevant documentation has been provided by the client for each order
- Communicate with hauliers, freight forwarders, clients etc. regarding shipments and various documentation
- Discovering issues or delays and actively updating clients whilst aiming to resolve any problems
- Recording accurate data into the system
- Obtaining accurate information from hauliers with regards to ETA’s,
- Dealing with any customs issues incurred and problem-solving effectively
- Ensure clients are updated throughout the shipping process
- Tracking shipments to ensure delivery, obtaining proof of deliveries
- Logistics experience in a similar role required
- Experience of dealing with customs documentation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Work well as part of a team but also able to use own initiative
- Flexible attitude and approach to work and can easily adapt to change
- Able to follow processes and instructions
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- High level of customer service
- Confident and friendly telephone manner
Privacy and General Data Protection Policy
By applying for this position, you are giving consent for Platform Resourcing Limited to contact you regarding this vacancy and to discuss potential opportunities that would be seen to be in both parties’ interest for the explicit reason of assisting you to find work. Your details will not be passed on to any prospective employer/s without your prior consent. Platform Resourcing will not share any of your details with any third parties unless deemed suitable by you as the applicant/data subject.
The above is a general overview and should not be used as a comprehensive list of Platform Resourcing Limited’s commitments. You can find more information on how we handle your data please see our Data Protection and General Data Protection Policy within our policies page on our company website. If you have any questions, please call before applying.
Platform Resourcing are advertising this vacancy and are acting as an employment agency.