Platform Resourcing are currently working with a transport company who are looking to expand their team by taking on an experienced Export Coordinator who ideally will have experience in shipping mainly via air and sea freight methods. The successful candidate will be capable of organising the shipment of goods worldwide.
You must have strong communication skills with excellent customer service abilities, being able to liaise comfortably with customers whilst understanding the freight forwarding process.
Experience within a Transport Planning/Export/Freight Forwarding role is required, alongside experience of dealing with customs clearance documentation.
Salary: £28,000 + bonus
Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaising directly with customers worldwide, over the phone and via email
- Arranging shipments worldwide - exporting via air and sea
- Processing shipment documentation required for air and sea shipments to worldwide destinations
- Managing each shipment from quote stage and monitor throughout until shipments have been delivered
- Liaise with the client to provide the most suitable service to suit their needs, including managing budgets and adhering to customer time restraints
- Raising quotations for shipments for different customers, following up on quotations aiming to turn these into orders and undertaking negotiations
- Liaising with the customer and communicating any issues or delays in order to ensure the customer is updated at all times
- Customs entries
- Adding information to the HMRC via the in house system
- Raising paperwork and documentation required for specific countries including Certificates of Origin and EUR1's
- Commodity codes
- Use of HMRC Tariff codes
- Sending release instructions to ship lines
- Arranging both domestic and international shipments
- Tracking and monitoring shipments
- Obtaining Proof of Delivery
- Air & Sea shipping experience required
- Air & Sea customs experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- High level of customer service
- Confident and friendly telephone manner
- Prioritising workload
Privacy and General Data Protection Policy
By applying for this position, you are giving consent for Platform Resourcing Limited to contact you regarding this vacancy and to discuss potential opportunities that would be seen to be in both parties’ interest for the explicit reason of assisting you to find work. Your details will not be passed on to any prospective employer/s without your prior consent. Platform Resourcing will not share any of your details with any third parties unless deemed suitable by you as the applicant/data subject.
The above is a general overview and should not be used as a comprehensive list of Platform Resourcing Limited’s commitments. You can find more information on how we handle your data please see our Data Protection and General Data Protection Policy within our policies page on our company website. If you have any questions, please call before applying.
Platform Resourcing are advertising this vacancy and are acting as an employment agency.