We are currently working with a transport company who are looking to take on an International Transport Planner to join their expanding team based on the outskirts of Milton Keynes.
The successful candidate must have experience in exporting goods through 3rd party logistics firms to countries outside of the UK, possessing knowledge of customs clearance documentations required for different countries. Experience in arranging shipments via road freight is required, knowledge of air and sea freight is beneficial.
The Transport Planner will deal with other logistics companies to arrange the transport, plan the routes and negotiate rates in order to get the best deals for the customer. You will be dealing with dedicated loads only, no groupage work and all road. The loads will be from 7.5 tonnes up to arctic lorries.
- Full-time permanent position
- Salary £24,000 - £26,000 experience depending
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To liaise with necessary 3rd party suppliers and businesses to ensure an on-time delivery service
- To manage and plan routes internationally
- To answer client’s queries and inform them on delivery schedules
- Working alongside colleagues within various areas and departments
- To manage all elements of the supply chain to ensure transport services are delivered to the highest standard
- To manage a team of 3rd party drivers to deliver on expectations and service
- To keep relevant and up to date records of journey’s, delivers and times worked
- To negotiate rates and delivery schedules with suppliers, aiming to receive the best rates and reduce costs
- To manage and track deliveries, resolving issues along the way
- To arrange back-loads when possible
- Managing a shipment from the point of order and throughout until delivery
- To be able to prioritise shipments depending on the client and their specific requirements
- Ensuring high levels of customer service at all times to maintain and develop relationships
- Creating and dealing with all documentation required for the shipment, ensuring accuracy to prevent any delays in customs
- Knowledge of export documentation
- 1 year within the freight/logistics sector is beneficial
- Experience arranging shipments internationally or exporting to Europe is essential
- Excellent communication skills, to be able to communicate well with customers, suppliers and internal team members
- Excellent I.T skills
- Knowledge of customs documentation/paperwork required for shipments
- Some negotiation skills or experience is desirable
- Ability to prioritise and plan own workload accordingly
Candidates without experience in exporting goods outside of the UK will not be considered.
Health and Safety: No health and safety risks identified.
If you think this role is right for you, please apply immediately by sending your CV online, or call our office on (phone number removed) if you have any questions.
By applying for this position, you are giving consent for Platform Resourcing Limited to contact you regarding this vacancy and to discuss potential opportunities that would be seen to be in both parties’ interest for the explicit reason of assisting you to find work. Your details will not be passed on to any prospective employer/s without your prior consent. Platform Resourcing will not share any of your details with any third parties unless deemed suitable by you as the applicant/data subject.
The above is a general overview and should not be used as a comprehensive list of Platform Resourcing Limited’s commitments. You can find more information on how we handle your date please see our Data Protection and General Data Protection Policy within our policies page on our company website.
Platform Resourcing Limited are acting as an employment agency and are advertising this role, and unfortunately are not always able to respond to all applications.