Platform Resourcing are currently working with a transport company who are looking to expand their team by taking on an experienced Export Coordinator who ideally will have experience air and sea freight administration. The successful candidate will be capable of the administration around import and export.
You must have strong administrations skills with an excellent eye for detail, being able to liaise comfortably with customers whilst understanding the freight forwarding process and document required for this.
The majority of the job will involve making custom entries (data input) into the in house systems which will then be linked to the HMRC's system. Candidates without this specific knowledge or experience will not be considered.
You must have experience of dealing with customs clearance documentation.
Salary: £28,000 + bonus
Duties and Responsibilities
- Making custom entries into the in house systems
- Imputting import and export entries for frieght movement
- Date entry
- Liasing with the HMRC
- Working with the freight forwarding team to ensure process has been followed
- Reporting into the customs supervisor
- Folliwing up on shipments worldwide - exporting via air and sea
- Processing shipment documentation required for air and sea shipments to worldwide destinations
- Raising quotations for shipments for different customers, following up on quotations aiming to turn these into orders and undertaking negotiations
- Liaising with the customer and communicating any issues or delays in order to ensure the customer is updated at all times
- Customs entries
- Adding information to the HMRC via the in house system
- Raising paperwork and documentation required for specific countries including Certificates of Origin and EUR1's
- Commodity codes
- Use of HMRC Tariff codes
- Sending release instructions to ship lines
- Arranging both domestic and international shipments
- Tracking and monitoring shipments
- Obtaining Proof of Delivery
- Air & Sea shipping experience required
- Air & Sea customs experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- High level of customer service
- Confident and friendly telephone manner
- Prioritising workload
Privacy and General Data Protection Policy
By applying for this position, you are giving consent for Platform Resourcing Limited to contact you regarding this vacancy and to discuss potential opportunities that would be seen to be in both parties’ interest for the explicit reason of assisting you to find work. Your details will not be passed on to any prospective employer/s without your prior consent. Platform Resourcing will not share any of your details with any third parties unless deemed suitable by you as the applicant/data subject.
The above is a general overview and should not be used as a comprehensive list of Platform Resourcing Limited’s commitments. You can find more information on how we handle your data please see our Data Protection and General Data Protection Policy within our policies page on our company website. If you have any questions, please call before applying.
Platform Resourcing are advertising this vacancy and are acting as an employment agency.