Platform Resourcing are currently working with a transport company who are looking to expand their team by taking on a Customs Agent who ideally will have experience in road, air and sea freight and the associated administration. The successful candidate will be capable of the administration around import and export.
You must have strong administration skills with an excellent eye for detail, being able to liaise comfortably with customers whilst understanding the freight forwarding process and documents required for this.
The job will involve making custom entries into their CHIEF system. Experience of using a similar system linking with CHIEF is desirable.
You must have some experience of dealing with customs clearance documentation.
Salary: £28,000 - £30,000 + yearly bonus
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for Custom Entries
- Use of the internal system linking with CHIEF
- Inputting import and export entries for freight movement
- Liaising with the HMRC
- Working with the freight forwarding team to ensure process has been followed
- Reporting to the customs supervisor
- Following up on shipments worldwide
- Processing shipment documentation required for air and sea shipments to worldwide Destinations
- Raising quotations when required
- Liaising with the customer and communicating any issues or delays in order to ensure the customer is updated at all times
- Customs entries
- Raising paperwork and documentation required for specific countries including Certificates of Origin and EUR1's
- Checking and entering commodity codes
- Use of HMRC Tariff codes
- Sending release instructions to shipping lines
- Dealing with customs clearance issues
- Tracking and monitoring shipments, keeping customers up to date
- Obtaining Proof of Delivery
- Shipping documentation experience required
- Customs experience required
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- High level of customer service
- Confident and friendly telephone manner
- Prioritising workload
Privacy and General Data Protection Policy
By applying for this position, you are giving consent for Platform Resourcing Limited to contact you regarding this vacancy and to discuss potential opportunities that would be seen to be in both parties’ interest for the explicit reason of assisting you to find work. Your details will not be passed on to any prospective employer/s without your prior consent. Platform Resourcing will not share any of your details with any third parties unless deemed suitable by you as the applicant/data subject.
The above is a general overview and should not be used as a comprehensive list of Platform Resourcing Limited’s commitments. You can find more information on how we handle your data please see our Data Protection and General Data Protection Policy within our policies page on our company website. If you have any questions, please call before applying.
Platform Resourcing are advertising this vacancy and are acting as an employment agency.