Platform Resourcing Limited are a recruitment agency based in South Wales. We take the time to understand our client and candidates needs so that we are able to help those looking to hire and those looking for work to get the best fit for them.
We are currently working in partnership with a company based in the Cwmbran area, who work within the machined engineering sector for several well known customers worldwide. At present due to rapid strategic growth plan our client is looking to take on a CNC Machinist. This is a full time permanent contract and in return you will be offered an excellent salary and the chance to improve your skill set by learning new techniques and processes. Ideally those applying will have previously working on Mazak machining centres or Mazatrol online setting experience.
As part of the manufacturing team you will responsible for the running, setting of machines in the main machine shop. You will need a background of machinist work, and although they are willing to invest in the people they employ candidates with no experience need not apply.
The machines they operate are CNC machines so experience of running such machines is essential or if you have learnt these principals through study for a recognised engineering qualification you may also be suitable for this type of role. Additional to this if you are a time served machinist with no formal qualifications then you may also wish to apply.
Location: Cwmbran, Torfaen, South Wales
Salary: £30,000 - £32,000 p/a + Voluntary overtime (150% & 200%)
Hours & Benefits:
- 6am-2pm, 2pm - 10pm (Initially 2 shift moving to 3 shift) 10pm - 6am
- Early finish on a Friday
- Excellent pension scheme 5%
- Great holiday benefits 25 days + 8 Bank Holidays
- Various other company benefits: Free onsite parking, Christmas Shutdown, Continuous Development and progression opportunities, Death in service
Key skills, Knowledge and Responsibilities:
- Setting and operating CNC machining centres
- Working on Mazak Machining centres
- Experience of online Mazatrol programming language
- Visual inspection of components
- Working to tight tolerances
- Changing of machine tooling
- Monitoring speed and feed
- Understanding of leans manufacturing processes
- Understanding of 5's manufacturing processes
- Continuous improvement activities
- Management and monitoring of Scrap
- Working to set companies KPI's (Key performance indicators)
- Understanding of how to read and interrupt engineering design drawings
- Sound setting experience
- Must be able to set without supervision
- Ability to inspect machined components to engineering drawings
- Setting, minding and running machining centres
- Producing finished components to the highest standard
- Working as part of the larger manufacturing team
- Using own initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Able to approach work with a degree of flexibility due to the varied workload
- Health and Safety conscious
Interested? If the answer is yes, then why not apply today and one of our team will come back to you if you are deemed suitable.
If this post is not suitable for your skills set but you are looking for a similar role why not get in contact and we can discuss other possible opportunities including:
CNC machinist, Programmer, Setter, Operator, Miller, Turner, Fanuc, Mazatrol, Mazak, Manufacturing, Production, CNC, Engineering, Machinist, Programming, Edge Cam, CAD, Manual, Engineer, CNC Programmer, Machinist, Monmouthshire, Pontypool, Cwmbran, Newport, Cardiff, Pontypridd, Swansea, Torfaen, Abergavenny, Merthyr, RCT, Blackwood, Blaenavon, Chepstow,
Privacy and General Data Protection Policy
By applying for this position, you are giving consent for Platform Resourcing Limited to contact you regarding this vacancy and to discuss potential opportunities that would be seen to be in both parties’ interest for the explicit reason of assisting you to find work. Your details will not be passed on to any prospective employer/s without your prior consent. Platform Resourcing will not share any of your details with any third parties unless deemed suitable by you as the applicant/data subject.
The above is a general overview and should not be used as a comprehensive list of Platform Resourcing Limited’s commitments. You can find more information on how we handle your data please see our Data Protection and General Data Protection Policy within our policies page on our company website. If you have any questions, call before applying.
Platform Resourcing are advertising this vacancy and are acting as an employment agency