Platform Resourcing are working with a well-established engineering workshop based in the Newport area, are currently seeking a qualified PSV Engineering (Public Service Vehicle) to join their engineering team. This vacancy would suit a candidate would has experience of mechanical PSV or HGV Engineering within a workshop environment.
The successful candidate will benefit from working within a great team environment and will earn an excellent salary. Candidates will be required to work shifts and will be required to work alternative Saturday mornings and will also have the chance to earn additional money through overtime opportunities paid at time and a half.
Engineers are an essential part of this team and are responsible for ensuring the fleet of vehicles are safe for our customers. Engineers are also responsible for meeting regulatory standards and ensuring that health and safety legislation is followed.
This workshop also manages and repairs other external customers as well as their own fleet. They offer a range of mechanical repair, service and MOT services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Experience in working within PCV or HGV vehicle engineering
- City & Guilds Level 3 or equivalent NVQ qualification
- Excellent diagnostic skills
- To carry out repairs efficiently
- Capability of inspecting vehicles to both DVSA and company standards
- Working under their own initiative
- HGV/PCV licence
- IRTEC accreditation would be an advantage
- Vehicle Inspections
- General Servicing
- Correction / repair of vehicle defects
- Engine / Gearbox repairs & overhauls
- MOT Preparation / Presentation
- Completion of all required paper work
- Working to Health and Safety standards
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive Salary - £25,000 - £30,000 p/a
- Up to 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays), 33 days after 5 years service
- Company Pension Scheme
- Excellent development opportunities
Privacy and General Data Protection
By applying for this position, you are giving consent for Platform Resourcing Limited to contact you regarding this vacancy and to discuss potential opportunities that would be seen to be in both parties’ interest for the explicit reason of assisting you to find work. Your details will not be passed on to any prospective employer/s without your prior consent. Platform Resourcing will not share any of your details with any third parties unless deemed suitable by you as the applicant/data subject.
The above is a general overview and should not be used as a comprehensive list of Platform Resourcing Limited’s commitments. You can find more information on how we handle your data please see our Data Protection and General Data Protection Policy within our policies page on our company website. If you have any questions, please call before applying. Platform Resourcing are advertising this vacancy and are acting as an employment agencies