Platform Resourcing are currently working in partnership with an engineering business based in the St Mellons area of Cardiff. This client requires an experienced Production Operative who has brake press experience to join their team. Previous experience within an Engineering/ Manufacturing business is essential.
* IMMEDIATE STARTS ARE AVAILABLE FOR THIS PERMANENT POSITION *
Salary and Benefits of the Production Operative
- Starting at £9.40 and increasing to £10.27
- Shifts are 6am - 2pm and 2pm – 10.30pm Monday to Thursday, 2pm to 8pm on Friday on a rotating basis (38.5 hours per week)
- Full time permanent role
- Yearly 10% company performance related bonus
Duties and Responsibilities of the Production Operative:
- Setting and operating machinery
- Work to technical drawings with the minimal supervision
- Produce parts to the highest standards - output and quality
- Carry out changeovers
- Manage speeds and feeds
- Inspection/gauging of machined components
- Compliance with all EH&S and company procedures
- Experience within a Machine Operator or production operator position in an engineering or manufacturing environment
- Must have proven track record working within a Brake Press
- Ability to carrying out complete and partial changeovers
- Understanding of speeds and feeds based on materials; controls; programming; safety and tooling
- Inspection of work produced using measuring equipment to engineering drawings and reporting any quality defects to appropriate person(s)
- Able to communicate at all levels and work effectively as part of a team, as well as independently and with minimal supervision
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and to tight deadlines
- Ability to achieve production and quality targets
- Positive and flexible can-do attitude
If this role sounds ideal for you, please send your CV immediately.
Privacy and General Data Protection Policy
By applying for this position, you are giving consent for Platform Resourcing Limited to contact you regarding this vacancy and to discuss potential opportunities that would be seen to be in both parties’ interest for the explicit reason of assisting you to find work. Your details will not be passed on to any prospective employer/s without your prior consent. Platform Resourcing will not share any of your details with any third parties unless deemed suitable by you as the applicant/data subject.
The above is a general overview and should not be used as a comprehensive list of Platform Resourcing Limited’s commitments. You can find more information on how we handle your data please see our Data Protection and General Data Protection Policy within our policies page on our company website. If you have any questions, call before applying.
Platform Resourcing are advertising this vacancy and are acting as an employment agency