Platform Resourcing are currently working in partnership with a legal practice based in central Newport. This client are a well established law firm who cover a wide range of disciplines. They are looking for a Assistant Solicitor to work within the Assistant Solicitor Wills, Probate and Power of Attorney Department to support the partners in the successful growth of the business to meet this clients growth ambitious.
The suitable candidate will have a suitable legal qualification and will have previously worked within a similar case holding type of role. They will be familiar with holding caseloads of clients whilst providing appropriate advice and assistance in accordance with professional standards and quality mark requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure that billing takes place promptly and that outstanding balances are collected as soon as feasible.
- To use the correct Practice procedures and systems in order to manage cases effectively and in accordance with the firm's standards and Quality Mark requirements..
- To improve and enhance the firm's client base by effective liaison with existing clients and introducing clients to other fee earners as appropriate.
- To maximize the firm's potential to cross - sell services by identifying appropriate opportunities.
- To manage own work allocation, productivity and quality of work with minimum supervision.
- Self-motivated and willing to take responsibility for organising own activities to ensure that all targets and quality standards are met.
- Copes effectively in demanding circumstances
- Good time management adopting a flexible approach to work
- Demonstrates persistence and commitment to completing tasks and objectives.
- Pays attention to detail and quality of work.
- Demonstrates a commitment to improving working practices and supports company plans and policies
- Ability to build and maintain working relationships with others and acts as a role model for the values of the Firm.
- Operates effectively as part of a team encouraging others to contribute ideas and seek improvements
- Coaches and supports individuals to improve performance
- Willing to offer help to all colleagues to ensure company success
- Understands the importance of business targets and how they impact on their responsibilities
- Considers the cost and profit implications of their proposals and decisions
- Makes sound commercial judgments based on issues key to the success of the business
- Knows when to seek guidance or further input from others before taking action
- Checks that information is accurate and complete
- Seeks for new solutions to problems as well as tried and tested methods
- Able to express themselves both orally and in writing in a clear and constructive way.
- Willing to ask questions, listen to others views and accept advice.
- Willing to contribute ideas and seek improvements.
- Good client handling skills both by telephone and face to face.
Privacy and General Data Protection Policy
By applying for this position, you are giving consent for Platform Resourcing Limited to contact you regarding this vacancy and to discuss potential opportunities that would be seen to be in both parties’ interest for the explicit reason of assisting you to find work. Your details will not be passed on to any prospective employer/s without your prior consent. Platform Resourcing will not share any of your details with any third parties unless deemed suitable by you as the applicant/data subject.
The above is a general overview and should not be used as a comprehensive list of Platform Resourcing Limited’s commitments. You can find more information on how we handle your data please see our Data Protection and General Data Protection Policy within our policies page on our company website. If you have any questions, please call before applying.
Platform Resourcing are advertising this vacancy and are acting as an employment agency