Platform Resourcing Limited are currently working in partnership with a modern engineering business. This client manufacturing of products which are distributed global to various industrial sectors.
This business are now looking to appoint a highly skilled Welder. This is a full time permanent vacancy. In return you will be offered a competitive salary and a benefits package which includes a company contribution to a pension scheme. The benefits include a pension, holidays and will bonus from work a days only shift pattern.
The Manufacturing Welder will have a background of working within a manufacturing environment and will be skilled in Mig. Arc, Hard Facing & Air Arc welding techniques by using manual equipment welding equipment. They will be responsible for welding standard steel and exotic metals, and must have time served within a similar role.
Those applying for this role without the necessary experience unfortunately will not be considered.
Education and Experience:
- Educated to HNC, NVQ, QCF or Equivalent qualification within an engineering discipline would be an advantage
- Apprenticeship within and Engineering or Welding
- Proficient in Mig. Arc, Hard Facing & Air Arc steel welding
- Welding within a heavy industrial environment would be an advantage
- Previous experience within a welding function
- Coded Welding would be an advantage but is not essential
- Ability to read, translate and weld from engineering drawings
- High levels of attention to detail
- To be quality driven
- Ability to work unsupervised to a high standard to precision
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Must possess excellent communication and time management skills
- Must possess good problem solving skills
- Experience in process and continuous improvement techniques
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness and ability to work overtime when required
Salary: £25,765 p/a + Pension + Holidays
Hours of Work: 2 X Shift Pattern
6am - 1.30pm & 1.30pm- 9pm Weekly rotating pattern
*Overtime available at 150% & 200% for evenings and weekends
- Well organised
- Multitasking ability
- Working within tight timescales
- Ability to manage multi projects concurrently
- Flexible attitude to work
- Flexible to learning new skills
- To share knowledge and skills with others
Interested? If the answer is yes, then why not apply today and one of our team will come back to you if you are deemed suitable.
Privacy and General Data Protection Policy: by applying for this position you are giving consent for Platform Resourcing Limited to contact you regarding this vacancy and to discuss potential opportunities that would be seen to be in both our and your interest for the explicit reason of finding you work. We will not forward any of your details to any prospective employer/s without your prior consent. Nor will we share any of your details with any third parties unless deemed suitable by you the applicant.
You can find more information on our Data Protection and General Data Protection Policy on our company website. If you have any questions, please call us before applying
Platform Resourcing Limited are acting as an employment agency and are advertising this role.