We are currently working in partnership with a Freight and Logistics business who at present are looking to take on an Account Manager to help manage the operations and ensure the clients expectations are consistently met. This is a full-time permanent vacancy and in return you will be offered a salary of up to £25,000.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of working in within a customer service role within either transport or manufacturing/ engineering, having dealt with shipping/ deliveries, liaising with customers on a regular basis in regards to their orders.
The candidate will work closely with Transport Planners to ensure the clients requirements are met. You will be responsible for the whole customer experience, including operational delivery of transport planning and customers service as well as being hands-on in the route planning and sourcing of 3rd party logistics.
Salary of up to £25,000
Award winning training
28 days holiday plus one additional day per year of service
Company bonus Scheme
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing the client and their expectations
- Managing drivers and ensuring timeliness
- Consistently certifying dispatches are on time
- Ensure KPI's are met
- Maintaining high standards and adhering to health and safety requirements
- Liaise with warehouse staff and drivers
- Ensuring all necessary documents and paperwork is complete
- Liaison with Logistics team responsible for the Warehousing, Distribution, Transport
- Scheduling and Administration
- Negotiating and influencing clients, providing any suitable recommendations
- Route planning daily loads
- Arranging shipments throughout the UK
- Dealing with 3rd party logistics companies closely, negotiating pricing and load requirements
- Efficient planning to ensure deliveries are on time
- Reacting to sudden changes or requirements in transportation
- Accountability for compliance and Health & Safety
- Strong UK geographical knowledge
- Strong knowledge of transportation requirements and limitations (e.g. weights/height limits)
- Experience of route planning
- Experience of working closely with customers or key accounts
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
- Experience of working within a transport/logistics/haulage environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Data Protection & GDPR
By applying for this position, you are giving consent for Platform Resourcing Limited to contact you regarding this vacancy and to discuss potential opportunities that would be seen to be in both parties’ interest for the explicit reason of assisting you to find work. Your details will not be passed on to any prospective employer/s without your prior consent. Platform Resourcing will not share any of your details with any third parties unless deemed suitable by you as the applicant/data subject.
The above is a general overview and should not be used as a comprehensive list of Platform Resourcing Limited’s commitments. You can find more information on how we handle your date please see our Data Protection and General Data Protection Policy within our policies page on our company website. If you have any questions, please contact us before applying.
Platform Resourcing Limited are acting as an employment agency and are advertising this role.
Due to the volume of applications we will always attempt to contact all candidates, unfortunately this is not always possible